Today Aadhar Card become a integral part of day to day life, its is very significant document and you require this document everywhere and for every purpose almost. Its a unique identification in India and infants can have their Aadhar number.
It’s 12- digit unique identity number and can be obtained by any residents of India, which is based on their biometric and demographic data.
We can use Aadhar card for below purposes :-
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Age Proof (as it contains Date of birth)
- Photo Identity
- Nationality Proof
Aadhar card address change online
Please follow below mentioned steps for Aadhar Card Address Change Online :
Your mobile phone number should be registered for your Aadhar Card then only you can update Aadhar Card address online. If your phone or mobile number is not registered or liked to Aadhar card then you have to registered this first and then you can apply for Adhar card address change online.
- Just visit the Self Service Update Portal by UIDAI
- Enter your Aadhar Number.
- Enter the Captcha Code and then you’ll be taken to the ‘Data Update Request’ tab.
- Click on, ‘Send OTP‘.
- You would then receive a One Time Password on your registered mobile number.
- You will now see the page which will ask you to select the details to be changed – Select Address.
- Fill in the details of the Aadhar Card Address which had to be changed.
- Upload the Aadhar card address change documents. For your reference, we have mentioned the valid documents of address proofs below.
- On successful submission, you will recive and URN (Update Request Number) – Do keep this URN handy, as it will help to check your Update Status [explained below]
Requirements for Aadhar Card Address Change Online and Offline
Before you go ahead and apply for Aadhar Card Address Change Online, here are few mandatory requirements you will require and without which you cannot proceed with online updation or change.
Scanned copy of any of the accepted proof of new address to be updated (for the verification of your updated address. Further details are mentioned below).
Aadhar Card Number (To login to the UIDAI’s Self Service Update Portal).
A mobile no. linked to your Aadhar Card number (to which the OTP would be sent).
In case you do not have any mobile number registered with your Aadhar Card, you would not be able to apply for Aadhar Card address change online. In this case, you would have to visit the nearest Aadhar Card Kendra and talk to the concerned officials who would help you obtain the Aadhar details updation request form (to be filled manually). This form could also be downloaded online and then once all the fields are filled, the same is to be sent to either of the following 2 addresses:
UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Make sure that you attach the one of the accepted Aadhar Card address change documents (list to be given in the following section).
List of Aadhar Card Address Change Documents
You can upload any one of the following list of Aadhar card address change documents while initiating an online request for the same.
Please note that the updated Aadhar card address would not reflect immediately, it would instead be subject to the decision of officials who review your application for the update of Aadhar details.
But in our experience, until and unless the UIDAI find something fishy or strange about the Aadhar Card Address change request, address are typically updated within the stipulated time.
- Valid Passport
- Bank Statement or updated Passbook with photo
- Voter Identity Card
- Post Office Account Statement or updated passbook
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill of your house (not older than 3 months)
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (it should not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy Bond Letter
Signed Letter having photo:
- From Bank on letterhead
- Issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Kissan Passbook
- Freedom Fighter Card
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
I hope this article will definitely help you in enabling the “Call forwarding” or “divert calls from mobile to mobile” feature in your android mobile phone.
If you like this Article ,
Please leave your valuable comments and suggestion in the below mention sections and you can write us @[email protected]
Like and share our Facebook Page for latest article and posts.