What is Call diversion or Call forwarding ?
Essentially, call forwarding or Call diversion is having mobile phone calls to one mobile number directed to other mobile number.
So if you have a landline phone and a mobile phone, you can have it set up so that any time someone calls home landline phone, the call comes up on my mobile phone.
An instance of a situation this could be useful in is if you’re waiting for a call from an office. They do not have mobile phone number, but you want to make sure that you can answer right away when they call. With call forwarding or call diversion you don’t have to worry – no matter where you are (as long as you mobile phone has cellular signal) you will be able to immediately answer the call.
Without call forwarding you would be stuck at home otherwise you would have no way to know when they called.
Call diverts from Mobile to Mobile
Today in mobile phones the call forwarding or call diverts from mobile to mobile is a very useful feature and this is far simplest and easier.
You can configure or set call forwarding in android mobile on basis of some predefined conditions like :-
- Back to the office during your holiday.
- Divert calls to your landline if you have no reception at home.
- To a telephone answering service like ours on a regular basis.
- Divert incoming calls when your mobile phone is unreachable or out of coverage area.
- You can divert the calls if you are on another call.
Call forwarding or call diversion from mobile to mobile gives you control over incoming phone calls when calls will disturb you and you want to forward conditionally, while still giving you the freedom to carry your phone and use it for making calls.
Android mobile phone gives you enough call forwarding options to really make a difference to the way you handle your incoming calls.
Note: For diversion of calls from mobile to mobile landline number can be configured and it should contain STD code along with this.
If the phone is busy or if there is no reply the phone system will forward the incoming call to either a landline, mobile, voicemail or some other internal extension.
Here in this article we are providing the steps for enabling the Call forwarding feature with screenshots, so you can easily enable this feature in your android mobile.
You can change, add, or delete the numbers on your list at any time. Also, you can turn your Select Call Forwarding service temporarily off without changing your list.
Please follow below steps for in your Android mobile phone for enabling the very demanding feature “How to divert calls from mobile to mobile” :-
Steps for “How to divert calls from mobile to mobile”
- First of all click on your android phone’s dialer like below screenshot i.e. very similar in all android versions.
- Click on “Multi-Line” button to get the options list for call diversion feature.
- Click on “Call-forwarding settings” option from the list of Call settings.
- Select SIM for which you want to configure Call Forwarding feature.SIM name is not visible, so you have to select 1 or 2 on basis of your android mobile SIM configuration.
- Now you will get next screen like below. It might be take 1 minute or more than this for the completion of this process.
- After completion of above process, the next screen will look like below. Generally it shows “Call-forwarding settings” which contains the list of call-diversion conditions like Always forward, When busy and When unanswered etc.
- Configure mobile/landline phone number for the condition i.e. “Always forward“. You can configure the mobile number and landline number with STD code as well.
- Configure mobile/landline number for the condition i.e. “When busy“
- Configure mobile/landline number for the condition i.e. “When unreachable“. This condition will work only when your mobile phone is out of coverage area.
- You need to click on “Update” button to get done the changes.
- “Turn Off” button could be used for disabling this feature.
Is Call diversion or call forwarding chargeable ?
Yes. . . Call diversion or forwarding to another mobile number would be charged.
As you are getting a call on your mobile number “A” and you have forwarded a call to mobile number “B”.
So when someone calls you on you mobile number “A” its an incoming call which is free, however its getting diverted to another mobile number “B” which mean, there an outgoing call being initiated from mobile number “A” to mobile number “B”.
It would be according to your outgoing charges.
The number diverting or forwarding would be charges and if you mobile number is having any free minutes, then you should be charged anything.
This option is the best thing if you do not want miss any important calls when one of the number device is dead.
Codes for call forwarding or divert
Call forwarding or divert can be done through the codes in mobile phones, you can dial below codes:
- Unconditional call forwarding: *21*
- Call forwarding when line is busy, doesn’t pick up, or is out of range: *004*
- Call forwarding when line is busy: *67*
- Call forwarding when no pick up or noanswer: *61*
- Call forwarding when out of range or unreachable: *62*
How to use dial codes:
- Open the dialer application in mobile phone.
- Dial the code, followed by the number you wish to forward calls to, followed by the # sign.
- It should be like :- *21*123-456-7890#
- Press ‘Send’, ‘Call’, or whatever action button on your mobile phone device.
I hope this article will definitely help you in enabling the “Call forwarding” or “divert calls from mobile to mobile” feature in your android mobile phone.
If you like this Article ,